LONG BEACH, Calif. – December 6, 2017 – Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing printing solutions, today announced the new FX-890II series printers, designed for businesses that need fast, reliable multi-part prints or continuous printing. The FX-890II series impact printers deliver fast print speeds[, can stand up to dusty, humidity and high-temperature environments, and offer exceptional value with a large capacity ribbon cartridge that prints up to 7.5 million characters.2.
"The new FX-890II Series is Epson's next generation of impact printers featuring legendary printing reliability, powerful productivity and low cost of operation", said Gabriel Baganasco, Group Product Manager of Latin America System Devices, Americas SIDM. “Thanks to a simple yet elegant paper pathing and a long product life-cycle, the FX-890II Series of impact printers can print continuously quickly, with little concerns of downtime due to jams or misfeeds.”
The FX-890II Impact Printer Series - offers the durability and ease of use for critical daily print requirements. These reliable 9-pin, narrow-carriage impact printers boast a long life cycle, a 3-year limited warranty and speeds up to 738 cps1. Their up-to-7.5-million-character ribbon cartridge2 reduces user interventions as well as cost per page. Engineered for seamless integration into virtually any system, they include Epson ESC/P®, IBM® PPDS and MICROLINE® printer languages. Ideal for harsh environments, these workhorses race through cut-sheet, continuous or multipart forms up to 7 pages thick, and feature an intuitive control panel for easy setup and operation. Key features include:
- Extreme reliability ― long life cycle; durable design with very few moving parts; withstands dust, humidity and extreme temperatures
- Powerful productivity ― ultra-fast 9-pin printer speeds through multipart forms and reports at up to 738 cps1
- Advanced paper handling ― simple paper path for remarkable reliability; accommodates cut-sheet paper and continuous forms up to 7 pages thick
- Low cost of ownership ― up-to-7.5-million-character ribbon cartridge2 offers a low cost per page and reduces the frequency of user interventions
- Seamless integration with both new and legacy systems ― includes Epson ESC/P, IBM PPDS and MICROLINE printer languages for greater flexibility
- Easy setup and operation ― user-friendly control panel with intuitive setup and configuration features
- Low power consumption ― ENERGY STAR® V2.0 compliant
- Ethernet compatible ― network card supports IPv63
The Epson FX-890II Impact Printer Series is currently available through authorized resellers and sales channels. The FX-890II has a manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) of $346, while the FX-890II NT has an MSRP of $631. For more information and availability, please visit www.epson.com.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 72,000 employees in 88 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
# # #
1 Based on Ultra Speed Draft Mode at 12 cpi.
2 Based on Draft Mode printing.
3 Only available on the FX-890II NT model.
EPSON and Epson ESC/P are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2017 Epson America, Inc. CPD-54357 9/17