As communities in Texas and the Southeast continue to recover from hurricane damage, sign, graphics and visual communications companies interested in pursuing recovery work need to know a few things.
- There is no longer a list of FEMA-certified debris removal companies (including sign, graphics and visual communications companies).
- This registry of debris removal contractors has moved to the General Services Administration’s System for Award Management. Contractors may register their business information. Include capabilities and locations served. Those seeking debris removal services may search this site.
- Become a member of the Corps of Engineers Contractor Registry.
- Pursue state opportunities since half of all federal money is awarded via grants channeled through state emergency response agencies. In Florida, this is available here. For Texas, click here. For other states, search for emergency management agencies in those states.
- If pursuing work in Texas, also register with the state Comptroller’s Statewide Procurement Division.