Sign Manufacturing Day started in 2013 and is one of ISA’s continuing efforts to help workforce development in the sign industry. Participating companies open their facilities to students to highlight the exciting and diverse career opportunities within the sign, graphics and visual communications industry. Community members join the tours to see the value of manufacturing to the economy and to get a first-hand look at the various processes involved with sign manufacturing.
Join us this year on October 6, 2017! Sign up to explore the possibilities of a career in the sign and graphics industry. If you are interested in participating, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you to everyone who helped make Sign Manufacturing Day 2016 a huge success!
Sign Manufacturing Day 2016 illuminated future careers for students on Friday, October 7, 2016. 40 participating companies opened their doors at 46 locations to show their passion for what they do to over 3,000 students and community members. Students were engaged and interested in co-ops, internships and hiring. Following a 2015 company tour, an interested welding student applied for a job application; in 2016, that student-turned-employee got to show other students what the industry is all about.
Curious to see what Sign Manufacturing Day is like? This video shows highlights from the 2016 event:
#SignMFGDay: Search on social media to see all the photos and updates from Sign Manufacturing Day 2016!
2016 Sign Manufacturing Day Participating Companies
- Advantage Signs, Fort Saskatchewan, AB
- AGS, Exton, PA
- City Neon, Inc., Morgantown, WV
- Colortec Creative Print Solutions, Burnaby, BC
- Cummings Resources, Dothan, AL
- Cummings Resources, Colton, CA
- DaNite Sign Company, Columbus, OH
- Daktronics, Brookings, SD
- Erie Custom Signs, Saginaw, MI
- ESCO Manufacturing, Watertown, SD
- Federal Heath Sign Company, LLC, Racine, WI
- Federal Heath Sign Company, LLC, Euless, TX
- Federal Heath Sign Company, LLC, Oceanside, CA
- Green Sign Company, Greensburg, IN
- Hansen Signs, Moncton, NB
- Howard Industries, Fairview, PA
- Impact Signs, Awnings, Wraps, Sedalia, MO
- Lauretano Sign Group, Terryville, CT
- Les Enseignes Amtech, Joliette QC
- Lewis Sign, Buda, TX
- Mattatall Signs, Ltd., Dartmouth, NS
- North American Signs, South Bend, IN
- Nova Polymers, Bryan, OH
- ORAFOL Americas, Inc., Black Creek, GA
- Poyant Signs, Inc., New Bedford, MA
- Ramsay Signs, Portland, OR
- Ruggles Sign, Versailles, KY
- Serigraphics Sign Systems, Inc., Golden Valley, MN
- Sign-Age of Tampa Bay, Clearwater, FL
- SignArt Company, Inc., Eau Claire, WI
- Signs by Crannie, Inc., Flint, MI
- Signs Plus, Bellingham, WA
- SIGNSTAR, Tampa, FL
- Signtech Electrical Advertising, Inc., San Diego, CA
- Sleek Advertising Ltd, Regina, SK
- Steel Art Company, Norwood, MA
- Stone's Signs, Saint Charles, MO
- Vantage LED, Ontario, CA
- Warren Sign Company, Arnold, MO
- Weitz Sign, Dubuque, IA
- World Wide Sign Systems, Inc., Bonduel WI
- World Wide Sign Systems, Inc., Shawano WI
- World Wide Sign Systems, Inc., Carson City NV
- World Wide Sign Systems, Inc., Atlanta GA
- YESCO, Salt Lake City, UT
- Ziglin Signs, Inc., Washington, MO
Sign Manufacturing Day can be Every Day!
Workforce development is vital to our industry, and it’s a top priority for ISA. We believe that building on the success of Sign Manufacturing Day is a giant step towards inspiring the next generation of sign professionals. Catch the attention of a young person who is trying to connect the dots between their skills, talents and a career in the sign and graphics industry. Consider hosting a tour with your local technical or high school or community college today.
ISA partners with the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) to for this special event.